September 25, 2011

Oh Lord my God teach me each day.

  
 
     Oh Lord my God teach me each day,
And hear me Lord as I do pray
  I lift Your Name on most High.
Please hold me close that I may stay,
  On the path that leads to You.
So I may lead others to You today.
  I have nothing but myself to offer You.
But please accept my meager offer,
  To stay on the one road that leads to You!
                                   
 Jim Thomas

         Jim’s notes from I Samuel 20.

Think about how much control the devil had over King Saul. God saw to it that Jonathan would help his friend, David, escape death from his father. Loyalty is one of the strongest qualities of courage.
The Lord will be with us in the worst of times. We are all human; we need to stay close to our Lord. He will purify our hearts. Read and heed God’s word. We all need to get into God’s Word, the Bible, more.

 
“ The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
         And He delights in his way.
  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
         For the LORD upholds him with His hand.”
                                                                                                                                                                             Ps 37: 23-24

                                                                                                 “My  own  writings”


When Jim and I moved to Lake California our youngest son, Ryan, had just married, and our youngest daughter, Sonya, had decided to move to Colorado. We were excited and felt the time was right for our own move and staying in the quaint little community campground made this adventure unique. Even more unique was living in our cute little 24’ trailer while our house was being built. Across the campground lived our new friends, Gary and Faye, keeping a watchful eye over us while their house was getting its finishing touches. It wasn’t long before they invited us to attend church with them at Lake California Community Church.
This congregation of lovely people welcomed us making us feel at home. While listening to Pastor Jim Bredow’s message from God’s Word we knew we were home. Looking  foreword to attending the little Community Church soon became an every Sunday celebration we shared with our new family.
Then it was Jim’s time to be called home with our Lord. Have you sometimes wondered, as I have, why God brings you into situations only to abandon you ~ leaving you alone?  Indeed, I was never alone. God has surrounded and encouraged me, and He will surround and encourage you, too.

Our Lord is ever with us.  He has promised never to leave or forsake us!

Dear Lord help me not to question the path You have for me, but instead help me to seek ways to serve You where I am ~ to do the work You have called me to do. Help me Lord to “Stay on the path that leads to You!”

Danna Thomas    


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart:        
lean not unto your own understanding.
                                                                                                                                In all your ways acknowledge Him
And He will direct your paths”. Proverbs. 3:5-6





  

No comments:

Post a Comment